Terry and Darleen Anderson

Terry and Darleen Anderson

Monday, October 4, 2010

Local Family Searches For Closure To Brutal Murders








By Laura Donaldson
Local Family Searches For Closure To Brutal Murders

June 18, 2010

MONGO, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – Family and friends gather to remember Terry and Darleen Anderson who were brutally murdered in their Mongo home on October 21st 2005. “Terry Anderson was my dad,” said Terry’s oldest daughter Sherry Musilek. “And I miss him so much.” Musilek has organized an annual memorial service for her father and stepmother. “The moment I got that phone call into my office it's completely destroyed a part of my life,” Musilek said. “They took away two people that had such an impact in my life, in my husband's life, in our family.” Police say 57-year old Darleen Anderson was found beaten to death inside her Lagrange County home. Her 60-year old husband Terry was found beaten in the family’s backyard barn. Police have been searching for the murderer for four years. “It was unreal that somebody would do that you know,” said family friend Phil Burlew. Burlew knew Terry Anderson for more than 30-years and says Terry is still watching over him at the noisy service. “The people who are cutting trees, that's what Terry did,” said Burlew. “It's strange that we're having this today and there's chainsaws out back, I mean that's great. He's telling us he's around. Makes me kind of happy.” Sherry says she's happy that people continue to come to the memorial service but she wants justice to be served for her family. “I'm not going to give up,” said Musilek. “Justice will come. It will I know it. I can feel it. And dad and Darleen are looking down and I know they're proud of me. I know they're not looking bad at me.” If you know anything that could help solve this case please call crime stoppers at 1-800-342-STOP.

No comments: